Thursday, October 18, 2012

Yes!!! Jesus Loves Me!

Jesus Loves Me

Jesus loves me this I know.
I sang it as a little girl many years ago.
Just a little bit of faith I had then.
Understanding only as much as a young child can.
But questioning not for somehow I knew.
Jesus loved me, I knew it was true.

But now when I hear this childhood song,
The words have meaning and linger long.
For Jesus to love me is a miraculous thing.
and joy fills my heart when I hear one sing,
That simple little chorus of long ago.
Jesus loves me this I know.

How can He love me with all my sin?
How can He open Heaven's door to let me in?
To cleanse my soul, He died for me.
Tho' children believe this so easily,
And accept by faith all that is said,
I as an adult sometimes question instead.
I wonder how can it possibly be?
That Jesus could love a sinner like me?

Jesus loves me this I know.
I believed it in my childhood many years ago.
Today I choose to go back a few years.
Removing all the doubts, the questions, the fears.
And believe once more as I did years ago.
Jesus loves me this I know.

--Penny Lightfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment