Monday, September 29, 2014

Full Victory (original song)

My sins, which are many, are covered, I know,
Washed by the Lamb and whiter than snow.
Nailed to the cross.
Hung firm on the tree.
No sin can hinder God's full victory.

The accuser can stand there and slander my soul.
My destruction and downfall are his purpose and goal.
That old dirty devil
Has got nothing on me.
For Jesus has purchased God's full victory.

Sometimes I wonder why God is so good.
Unworthy, undeserving, in the mire I stood.
I fell on my knees
When Christ came to me.
He opened my eyes to His full victory.

Like the runaway prodigal, down in the dumps.
I was stuck in the pig stye and eating the husks.
I came home to Father
He put His robe upon me
He gave me His ring and full victory.

Now I am living and learning to lean.
With Jesus my Prophet, my Priest and my King.
He is my Saviour.
His blood washes me
With continuous cleansing for full victory.

-- Words and music by Victor E. Mowery, 9-29-2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment