Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Acclimated to New Climate

It is 35 degrees with a fifteen mph wind from the north and I am sitting outside enjoying my lunch break with no hat or gloves and my coat unzipped. It feels very good in fact. Am I getting accustomed to my new environment after nearly two years here?

I will need to trade my "Original Dotte" hooded sweatshirt for a "Dubuquer" T-Shirt to wear on cool autumn days.

Where is my snow to shovel, though? I haven't touched the shovel once yet. By this time last year I had already shoveled more snow than I've ever shoveled all the rest of my life combined. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, a white New Year, a white Valentine's Day, a white Easter, a white Memorial Day. That's what last yeat nearly gave me. Where is it?

I don't know if the rest of the family agrees with me on this yet. I may take further steps to help them acclimatize better, starting with turning down the thermostat to maybe 48 or 50 degrees. I will let you know how that turns out.

VM

No comments:

Post a Comment