Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Lord, Keep Me True

The following is reprinted from "The Projector," Vol. 13, No. 2, March-April, 1984, where it was published without an author attributed.  Current and previous issues of this wonderful publication can be found here, where you can also email and ask receive it for free (the sign-up form seems broken so use their email link): http://www.theprojector.org/index.htm

LORD, KEEP ME TRUE

Lord, keep me true when days are glad and free,
When all is well, and men are praising me;
Remind me, Lord, these blessings come from thee--
And keep me true, Lord Jesus, keep me true.

Lord, keep me true 'mid disappointments sore,
When heartache, loss, or failure be my store;
Help me to lean upon thy breast the more
And trust in thee, dear Lord, to keep me true.

Lord, keep me true though sickness come my way,
Though death invade and loved ones steal away.
Then Lord, oh, then, grant me thy strength I pray,
And keep me true, dear Saviour, keep me true.

Lord, keep me true though others prove untrue;
Help me stand among the faithful few
Though scorned, imprisoned, or should death pursue--
Whate'er the cost, Lord Jesus, keep me true.

Lord, keep me true; O keep me true, I pray,
Whate'er my lot may be from day to day.
My strength is small; be thou my constant stay.
I trust in thee alone to keep me true.

---- AMEN!



No comments:

Post a Comment