Friday, January 30, 2015

Confirmed Again: I Am Not Running

On a conference call with (no) close supporters and (fewer) media representatives today, I confirmed that I am not running and that I still do not intend to run.

I cited health reasons, age and lack of motivation as the main reasons for my decision. I also stated that I want to keep the pathway clear for other quality people to run.

Online, I posted remarks to that effect, which participants on the call confirmed were an accurate reflection of the statements I made to them. I told all (zero) supporters that I believe I could have had a successful run this time around, but it is time to let others take the field.

I reiterated that I enjoyed my noteworthy runs in 1992 and 1996, and a few brief attempts in between and since, so it is always possible that I may run again at some future juncture. But it is not in the best interests of anyone right now for me to be out there on the trail with such a packed field of those currently running.

I extended my best wishes to those running or seeking to run, and I promised my support behind the runner who eventually clinches it.

I closed the conference call with thanks to backers and well wishers and promised that all contributions (totalling nothing) would be returned. Then I walked, not ran, back to my room here at the Peacful Rest Clinic, assisted by my two closest supporters in their nice white coats.

--- Reporting by Victor Mowery and Vic Mowery, with additional editing by Victor E. Mowery. (C) Copyright 2015 by V. Mowery Syndicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment